Saturday, July 3, 2010

Purple Sequin Bikini...

I've been reading other people's blogs lately and they are inspiring.  So insipiring that they make me want to write about my own mundane life.  Because what better thing to do than to impart on all you people the utter weirdness and monotony of my life;o)

And now on to the title of this post.  I bought one. A purple sequin bikini, that is.  I had a friend once that was telling me of her belief that every person has an unstoppable urge to buy certain things.  For her it was lingerie (I have this problem too occasionally), for her sister-in-law it was sheets. Bed sheets. That is, at least, a useful thing to have a lot of.  At the time I didn't think that I had any one thing that I really couldn't get enough of.  Since then, however, I have discovered that I have an unstoppable urge to buy swimming suits.  I love buying swimming suits.  Which is completely weird because I really don't go swimming all that often.  I might go to the beach two or three times a year. But every year I buy at least one new swimming suit if not two.  This year I promised myself I would be good, I told myself over and over that I already have 8 practically brand new swimming suits that are still super cute and look good on me and there is absolutely no reason why I need any more swimming suits.

Then I was watching TV (which is the devil) and I saw this girl in this totally cute, rather skimpy, red sequin bikini.  And I HAD to have one!  Unfortunately I couldn't find one anywhere, except "swimsuits" offered by adult clothing stores....which, while cute in a "i might possibly be worn in the bedroom only" sort of way, don't exactly fit my need for a swimsuit, which is to be worn around people other than my husband.  I did find a perfect plum colored sequin bikini though...and since the color was exceedingly vibrant and beautiful, I decided that red was overrated.  So, I bought a purple sequin bikini.  It will be here in the mail in a few days;o)

Now, to add to all of the reasons that I really don't need a new swim suit, I am pregnant.  I am only 11 weeks along right now, and not showing very much, but before too much longer, I will be sporting a nice baby bump, and its probably not really necessary for me to inflict my baby bump in all its bareness in a purple sequin bikini on the beach this summer.  So, to all of you that will have to see that, I apologize in advance.  But really, it can't be that much worse than all the other crazy things you might see on the beach, can it? ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment